As a resolution this year I want to get back into my blog and make it readable for EVERYONE! Not just girls wanting to hang with the guys, but challenge the guys to keep up with us girls. I want all my readers to complete 7 tasks each week along with me. They are simple, and may seem meaningless at first. I have a feeling that at the end of the year, after the completion of 365 tasks, you will have a new appreciation for the opposite sex and be able to say that you are comfortable with who you are.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Football



So, this is for all the ladies reading. A lot of you are super excited for football season, but not to watch what happens with the pigskin (the football). Most of you are excited to pull out your best tailgate recipes.

That’s how I got the idea, what if I actually knew what the heck I was watching. I grew up watching my brothers play football, so I’ve got the general idea. Get the ball to the other end of the field, but past that I’m clueless.

So here is what I learned this past week of football. By the way, don’t ask the guys you’re watching the game with a question during a replay, that’s asking for it!

Yard – Exactly that! No tricks here. This is how the football field is measured, there are100 yards and counting the end zones 120 yards total.

End Zone – The place you want your team to be, again and again and again and …….

Line of Scrimmage- both teams put their players face to face here.

Touch Down (TD) – this is what to say when points are scored. There are 6 points for each TD. Once a touchdown happens there is a chance for extra points.

Extra Point – if an extra point is kicked in, 1 point is awarded. If the team decides to run the ball into the end zone, 2 points are given.

Downs – Easy, each team gets 4 tries to move the ball ten yards down the field. Every time the team makes it past the 10 yard marker, another four tries are given for the next ten yards if the team needs them.

These are just a few definitions, but feel free to ask questions. Ladies put on your super cute team appeal and put these tips into good use. If you’re a know-it-all guy go ahead and quiz away. 

1 comment:

  1. Very concise. When I first saw the title for your blog I said "Man, I hope she didn't ask any questions during the replay." Sorry you had learn that lesson the hard way

    ReplyDelete